02 January 2014

Spaghetti with Red Kidney Beans

After slaving myself in the kitchen from the holidays I wasn't in the mood to cook, but for tonight's dinner I made some pasta. We haven't had pasta in a while and hubby wants to have soup with beans in it but I made spaghetti instead.  I  tweaked it by adding red kidney beans just so he can have his craving. Yeah, I'm that good of a wife haha! 



Spaghetti with red kidney beans and garlic bread on the side

To make:

Boil the pasta with some salt and olive oil for 8 minutes or according to the package until al dente. Drain and set aside when done.

Heat a pan and drizzle some olive oil. Add the meat (I used Jimmy Dean's breakfast sausage in maple as it didn't took long to thaw but you can use ground beef if you like) chopped salami, minced garlic, chopped onions, half of chopped fresh basil, season with salt and pepper and saute until meat are browned. Into the pan, put the chopped tomatoes (I used a can of tomatoes), a can of kidney beans and saute for few minutes then add the pasta sauce. I also added some DelMonte spaghetti sauce Filipino style to add a tad of sweetness. Let it simmer until the sauce thickens. I like to add spice so I sprinkled some pepper flakes to the sauce (this is optional if you're not into spicy food). Adjust the seasoning if need be. When done, add the pasta to the sauce and mix, top with the rest of the chopped basil. Transfer to a plate and add grated Parmigiano reggiano cheese.

As always, I had a satisfied customer with 2 servings of this pasta:)




Until next time. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment