25 August 2013

The Proposal

We've only been together for about 3 1/2 years total but it feels like we've been married for a long time. I love him more everyday and I thank God that through out my lifetime, I get to be called his wife.

I shared our story on how we met but I forgot about the proposal part. 8 months into dating, hubby proposed to me. He just got back from a deployment and we went home to visit his parents who were in town. It was few days after his birthday, we were talking about rings and what kind I like. We visited several jewelry stores to see what they have and what I might like and hopefully get an idea. I searched online endlessly to find the 'perfect ring' I wanted.

Back at his parents' place, his mom scheduled for family pictorial. We always do this every time we're on vacation and everyone's home. His parents are based in Taiwan because of his dad's job and they only fly back and forth to the States when they get a chance. After searching for the ring, I finally found the one I really liked and told hubby about it but still no clue as to when he was going to propose but knew it was coming :)

The day of our family pictorial, him and his dad went to check on a 'boat' his dad was planning to buy. When they came home, they were telling us stories about what kind of boat they liked. Then we went to get our pictures taken. Everything looked normal. Hubby excused himself and went to the rest room, he was there long enough for me to ask why he's been gone for awhile.  Our photo session begun. The photographer was taking pictures of his family with different poses. When it was our turn, the photographer told me to pose like I was hugging hubby with my left hand on top of my right on his chest. After that pose, she asked us to look at the pictures and hubby said, 'something is missing on that picture'. Still no clue on what he was talking about until I saw him on his knees opening a box with a ring inside asking nervously if I want to marry him,  while the photographer was busy capturing the moment and everyone was looking at us. I was speechless! All I was able to utter was, 'babe! no!' We were both in tears and I actually forgot my answer until I heard his family saying, is it a Yes? haha! I did say yes and we took the same pose we did the first time, now with a ring on my finger.

Everybody knew about the plan except me, they also connived with the photographer. Hubby went to the restroom not to tinkle but tried to calm his nerves down. The ring I liked was not the ring he picked, it was a solitaire ring like his mom's. I love it just the same!

17 days after the proposal, we got married. I only had a week to prepare after we got back from vacation to find my dress, have it altered and I was also working on top of that, talk about major stress! We pulled it through, we were married on a beautiful winter day in February, and that's how our happy- crazy-roller coaster ever after begun.


Love! :)


Until next time! Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment