04 September 2013

Prague, Czech Republic

We went on a 3d/2n trip to Prague last weekend with friends. Took us about 8 hours to get there including gas stop, restroom break , lunch and another stop to get our vignette before entering the border.

Prague is beautiful, romantic and touristy. It was packed with people that it was hard to walk around without being bumped into especially in the alleys. Our friends with kids had mixed feelings about the place but hubby and I wouldn't mind going back! :)

I booked our hotel a week before our trip at Wellness Hotel Step through hotels.com. I thought everything was good until a couple of days before we leave, I got an email from them saying that the hotel I booked can't accommodate us on the dates we've chosen due to overbooking so they will gladly transfer us to a hotel of our choice. The representative asked us if we wanted to stay at Green Yacht Hotel & Restaurant but I declined. I chose Hilton instead :) The original price I paid for the first hotel was $114.72, free breakfast, free parking. And since we got 'screwed', I got a nicer hotel. Average night at Hilton was almost $500 for a King Executive Room plus parking fee of $39/day. The rest of our friends stayed at the other hotel. Because of all these inconveniences, hotels.com not only paid the BIG difference but gave us credit back of $78 for the parking fee, $100 voucher for our next booking and $50 for the breakfast we didn't have. So nice of them to do that, lucky we got 'screwed up' ha! But seriously, thank you hotels.com for everything! 'Til our next trip.


View of the city from the castle

Old Town Square





Prague Castle

Changing of guards 

Infant Jesus of Prague

Lennon Wall

Padlocks at the bridge



Charles Bridge

Love lock bridge in Mala Strana

Jewish Quarter

Jewish Synagogue

Rent this car and drive around the city!

Popular spot for wedding photos in front of Astronomical clock

Walking view from our hotel to the square
  

Out trip won't be complete without checking out some food.


Gelato ice cream sold on streets. I had a delicious scoop of nougat!










Veproknedlozelo (pork, dumplings and cabbage) - traditional Czech food, it was alright.









Spiraling potato chips on a stick. I was curious about this so I told hubby to get some, turned out it was just potato chips but on a stick and the only difference was, it was freshly made.







Trdelnik - cylindrical pastry dusted in cinnamon and sugar. Favorite snack while strolling the city.











Hubby and I had a night out at Buddha Bar Prague and ordered these food  (takoyaki, ebi furai, tori no karage & yakitori)- the best Ebi Furai I've ever tasted so far! It was so good I had to order another one! :)








After a long trip, we ended up hanging out and enjoyed a few drinks at one of the most exclusive club in Prague - Cloud 9 Sky Bar & Lounge located in Hilton.








French breakfast on our last day at Oliva Verde Ristorante in front of the Astronomical clock. I ate almost everything except for the fries and cheese, sausage was very good!











Although the trip was tiring, hubby and I had a good time. We were able to go to a bar and unwind for the first time since we became a couple. 






Until next time. Cheers!








No comments:

Post a Comment